Hummingbird food is a good way to attract them to our feeder. Sometimes we want to order bulk nectar or make a large amount of nectar for them. For this, We need to store them for a long time. You might think that refrigerator will be a good idea to store hummingbird food.
But, You don’t know how exactly you do this task and how long you can keep food in the refrigerator. So, In this article, You’ll know some common queries answer regarding the hummingbird food storage process.
Can you store hummingbird food in the refrigerator?
Don’t worry! You can store hummingbird food in the refrigerator. So, If you have a lot of feeders and need to refile them with nectar frequently, then you can store hummingbird nectar or homemade nectar as much as you want. That’ll save your frequent purchasing time. But, You need to choose good quality nectar for them.
- Perky Pet Hummingbird Food Concentrate 32 ounce Food concentrate is made of 100% sucrose, which simulates the nectar from flowers
- This product comes in a 32 ounce bottle for pre-measuring and receives its natural coloring from hibiscus flowers
- This product is made in China
How long does hummingbird food last in the refrigerator?
You don’t find any expiration date on hummingbird nectar. So, It’s a little bit tricky to say how many days it’ll stay fresh. Generally, You can store hummingbird food in the fridge for around two weeks to four weeks. It also varies according to your fridge condition and temperature. But, whenever you want to put it on the feeder, wait until the solution fully melts and comes to room temperature.
How to store hummingbird food in the refrigerator?
Here is a step-by-step process of how you can store hummingbird nectar in the fridge.
- Step 1: Take a small container that is capable of keeping in the fridge. Then, Put the nectar solution in the container and sealed it.
- Step 2: Store it on the lowest shelf at the back of the fridge. It’s the best place to keep food fresh for a long time.
Related: 5 top bee proof hummingbird feeder Reviews.
Does hummingbird food go bad in the refrigerator?
Yes, Hummingbird food will go bad in the fridge. It might happen due to a few cases. For example, you might not seal the container properly or keep them in the fridge for a long time.
As a hummingbird lover, You need to always provide them good quality and fresh food. Otherwise, You’ll be a cause of their health injure.
If you find it hard to purchase and make hummingbird nectar frequently, consider purchasing or making a large amount of nectar and keeping those in the fridge to keep fresh. But, Don’t use nectar which is kept in the fridge for a long period.